Our conservation expertise covers a wide historical scope, from Renaissance to Contemporary, as well as diverse paper types.
Among the many kinds of objects we treat:
• drawings (ink, pencil, pastel, charcoal, or other media)
• prints (lithographs, etchings, screenprints, or other printing processes)
• oil and acrylic paintings on paper
• maps, posters, archival documents, manuscripts, ephemera
• photographs on paper such as photogravures and collotypes
A visit to the conservation studio begins with an examination of the object followed by a discussion of the owner’s needs and concerns. Usually a treatment proposal and cost estimate can be provided on the spot.
Auction houses and galleries are able to provide brief condition reports for items they are offering for sale, but these are not likely to contain the depth of information you require. Andrea’s detailed and objective assessment of existing or potential condition issues will help you make an informed decision regarding investment in an artwork or collection.